HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Take a walk through downtown Houston, you'll see a lot of blue and orange and hear a lot about how good this 'Stros team is.
"(Chas) McCormick's catch, that made me jump off the couch," fan Alehia Ovideo said.
"Pitching last night was outstanding. Glad to see (Justin Verlander) got his first win. It's been great," Ben Bosco, an Astros season ticket holder, said.
Game 6 is at Minute Maid Park on Saturday night . First pitch is set for 7:03 p.m. The street fest starts at 4 p.m.
The team has already revealed that Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale is throwing the ceremonial first pitch and George Strait will make the "play ball" call.
Some fans are already imaging the win.
"Oh, man. I'll have butterflies all in my stomach. I'll be excited and everything, especially it being here at home," Jacob Luna, a longtime Astros fan, said.
There's also another activity this weekend just down the street.
"The Astros have brought back the World Series to Houston, and not only that, but right next door at the George R. Brown (Convention Center), we have one of our signature annual events that come back: the quilt festival," Jennie Bui-McCoy, of Houston First Corporation, said.
The International Quilt Festival is also downtown this weekend, which brings in about 40,000 people.
"It's crazy. It's been fun, though," Susan Shiero and Carol Sackett, who are both visiting Houston from Florida for the quilting extravaganza, said.
Did they imagine they were going to be in the middle of all of these World Series festivities? No, but they say they're loving their time in H-Town!
The Houston First Corporation says it's tough to estimate really how many people will be downtown this weekend.
Houston police said they have safety plans in place. There will be extra officers - some in uniform, some in plain clothes - throughout downtown this weekend.
More Astros stories during 2022 World Series run:
- Astros pitchers Framber Valdez and Luis Garcia rock hair extensions for MLB postseason hairdos
- Astros' star Yordan Alvarez family sees him play in postseason for the first time
- Rally nuns return to Minute Maid Park to cheer on Houston Astros
- Astros-Yankees predictions: Who will rule the ALCS?
- Houston restaurant's potty humor comes at Yankees' expense
- Bronx Bombers vs. Bayou City: Looking at the Astros-Yankees rivalry
- Major League melting pot: Looking at the demographics of the Houston Astros
- Astros' Yordan Alvarez merchandise flying off shelves in wake of playoff heroics
- Astros fan claims to have quit job to attend ALCS Game 2
- Bizarre moment during ALCS Game 2 after Astros fan storms field to take selfie with Altuve
- Gone with the wind: Yankees manager says Minute Maid Park's roof open 'kind of killed us'
- Houston sweeps for a 4th trip to the World Series
- Astros land in Houston ahead of World Series
- 2022 MLB World Series, 42 years in the making
- World Series tickets already selling out before Houston clinches ALCS
- Houston won't host just 1 Philadelphia team on World Series week
- Astros watch parties return as World Series tickets range $600-$17K
- Jeremy Peña stops by Irma's in downtown Houston after returning from clinching World Series berth
- Cheer on the Astros advancing to the World Series by eating a 25-cent themed doughnut
- Ghouls and grand slams? The neighborhood around Minute Maid Park could be haunted
- Astros outfielder Chas McCormick is a twin and grew up a Phillies fan
- Meet the family owned tailor business responsible for the Astros World Series jerseys
- Business owner talks about her success creating sports apparel, catching Astros player's attention
- Astros pitcher Lance McCullers' wife says they don't pay mind to haters anymore
- 'I don't like to jinx myself': Astros wives say they won't do this if their husband loses a big game
- Astros, Phillies work with sleep specialist for better routine leading up to World Series
- World Series run didn't stop Astros and their families from trick-or-treating this year!
- Astros' Justin Verlander explains why he gave Phillies fans the middle finger
- Astros' Alex Bregman's impressive stats are all thanks to his baby boy
- Astros ace Lance McCullers, Jr. opens up about life in The H