Almost at the halfway mark of the inaugural season, the team has proven that it is hungry to win, and no two XFL stars are hungrier than Roughnecks quarterback P.J. Walker and wide receiver Cam Phillips.
SEE ALSO: How food created the Houston Roughnecks' 1st dynamic duo
The QB-WR duo have linked up for seven scores through the first four games.
So, there was no better setting for Eyewitness Sports to catch up with the pigskin pals than Demeris Bar-B-Q on Shepherd Drive.
In the video above, Bob Slovak talks to Walker and Phillips while they chewed on smoked meats and savory sides. Everything about the Roughnecks was covered, including how they're riding the wave of their hot start and how every member of the roster has built upon making the best team in the league.
MORE ROUGHNECKS STORIES:
- Roughnecks player tackles depression to make his way back onto the field
- Fashion, football and why he's #ForTheH | Get to know this Roughnecks fan fave
- Who is P.J. Walker? Everything you need to know about the Houston Roughnecks quarterback
- Who is Corrion Ballard? Everything you need to know about the Houston Roughnecks safety
- Who is Cody Brown? Everything you need to know about the Houston Roughnecks safety
- This Roughnecks star's moving interview made him a top trend