The fleet tracking company, Teletrac Navman, examined data from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, also known as NHTSA, from 2016 through 2019.
The company said I-45 through much of Texas is revealed as the second deadliest interstate in the country.
I-45 by the numbers:
- During that time period, the company said that stretch of I-45 had .913 death(s) per mile.
- The most dangerous month to be on the interstate was October.
- The most dangerous day of the month was the 2nd.
- Saturday was listed as the most dangerous day of the week.
- The most dangerous hour of the day was between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.
According to the study, the most dangerous highway in America during that time period is I-4 in Florida.
Do you hate Houston traffic as much as we do? Join the club!
Follow Elissa Rivas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.