Tamika Fletcher, co-owner of Natural Resources Salon, loves using these natural dyes to color eggs.
- Stir 2 tbsp. turmeric into 1 cup boiling water; add 2 tsp. white vinegar.
- Color will take instantly. The longer you leave it in the darker it will get.
- Make sure to rinse the egg before coloring.
- Boil onion skins (brown and red) for a few minutes.
- Water will instantly change colors.
- Drop egg in and egg will change color instantly.
- The longer you leave it in, the darker it will be.
- Use flowers and a stocking.
- Clip leaves of flower, apply to egg, cover with stocking and boil for about 30 minutes.
- Cut 1/4 cabbage into chunks, boil until water changes color.
- Add two tbsp of vinegar for every two cups of cabbage water.
- Let the water cool for about 20 minutes before adding the egg.
- Soak egg for 20 minutes or even overnight to achieve a darker color.
Red or Blue:
- Add Kool-Aid to water (can be cold) add a little vinegar and add your egg.
- Leave overnight to create a marbled look.
To watch the full segment, click here.