Chemical spill in downtown building sends 2 to hospital


Authorities say it happened just before 2pm in the 600 block of Travis. Two workers' eyes and faces became exposed to glutaraldehyde, an equipment disinfectant that can't be heat-sterilized, when a pressurized container lid came off.

Authorities say the exposure was minimal but they were transported to a hospital to undergo a thorough decontamination and evaluation.

No other injuries or exposures have been reported.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.