Taillon was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates. The 6-foot-6 fast-baller has overcome some adversity en route to becoming the Pirates' 2019 Opening Day starter.
One of the most intimidating presences on the mound in Texas high school baseball, Taillon has been named to the second class of the VYPE Hall of Fame, which will be inducted at the VYPE Awards presented by Methodist Orthopedics and Sports Medicine April 28 at Stereo Live.
Get more on Taillon's honor through our partner VYPE Houston.
SEE OTHER VYPE STORIES:
- ABC13 up close with Houston's best high school athletes
- Track stars shine at VYPE photoshoot
- Hargraves HS baseball player also a top bass angler
- Seven Lakes and Rice Owls alum makes MLB debut
- Huffman softball star dons umpire uniform for her first games
- Tomball HS pole vault star's steady climb to state meet
- Pleasantly Humble: Taylor Pleasants reflects on multi-sport career, USA Softball, LSU
- Houston's Strake Jesuit boasts fastest man in US