Justin Le, 5, has terrible headaches, some landing him in the emergency room. His 8-year-old sister, Hanna, struggles with stomach problems.
And that's just since they moved to Cinco Ranch from Dallas five months ago.
"You could notice that its green," said parent Jennifer Le, referring to tap water in her home.
When we first met their Jennifer, she asked us to take a look at the water coming out of her taps. Even her pediatrician was concerned about the color.
"He was just taken back by it, couldn't believe it," he said. "He said that just looks toxic."
Doctors ran tests on both children. Both were found to have elevated levels of arsenic in their bodies. Justin's was the worst.
"His arsenic leves were off the charts," said Jennifer. "He has arsenic poisoning."
Doctors told Le to immediately have her family stop drinking the water, stop using it for showers and even to consider moving elsewhere till they could get a better handle on where the arsenic was coming from.
Repeated calls to the water company, Severn Trent, finally resulted in them running tests on the water supply at the Le home and in the neighborhood. A representative, however, for Severn Trent says that test showed arsenic well within state mandated limits. He told us quote "...rumors (of anything otherwise) are unfounded..." that, -- quote -- "we meet all state requirements".
So what could be causing the high arsenic levels in the children? It's not clear, yet experts tell us it can commonly be found in water, soil, some treated lumber and even some juice. We'll keep you posted.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices