Telephone chat line worker accused of kidnapping, raping woman

Tyler George, 21, is facing charges of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault of an adult and theft.

January 17, 2012 10:15:34 AM PST
A man who worked for a telephone chat line is accused of kidnapping and raping a woman he met after she called into the service.

Tyler George is facing charges of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault of an adult and theft. Court documents state the female victim had just broken up with her boyfriend and was depressed. She says she was watching TV, saw a commercial for a chat line and called the phone number. The victim says she spoke to a man who said his name was 'Terrance' -- later identified as George, police say -- and made arrangements to meet the man in person at an apartment complex in north Houston on December 2 of last year.

According to court documents, the victim said she felt comfortable around George and spoke with him for a few minutes. She says she then told George she was going home and would call him later, then started walking to her car. That's when she says George came up behind her and put a gun to her head. The victim told investigators George made her get into her car, then drove to the back of the complex where he made her park the car. George then allegedly sexually assaulted the woman.

The victim told police that George made her drive to another location where he sexually assaulted her again.

Then George allegedly made the victim lay down in the back seat and threatened to shoot her. He got behind the wheel of the victim's car, drove the woman to a grassy area behind a different apartment complex and allegedly raped the woman there.

Court documents state that George then pushed the victim down a hill and kicked her into a bayou.

On December 11, George was arrested for driving the victim's car. The woman later picked George out of a photo array.

George, 21, has a prior conviction for deadly conduct in 2009.

No bond has been set in this case.