Brig. Gen. Thomas W. Hartmann, legal adviser to the U.S.
military tribunal system, said Monday charges are being sworn
against Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, a Saudi of Yemeni descent, who has
been held at the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, since
Seventeen American sailors were killed when the Navy destroyer
was attacked in the Yemeni port of Aden. Al-Nashiri told a hearing
at Guantanamo Bay last year that he confessed to helping plot the
bombing only because he was tortured by U.S. interrogators.
Quick headlines | 100 most recent national stories | RSS feeds
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes