TV falls on 7-year-old boy

HOUSTON Emergency personnel say the boy was hooking up a gaming system to the TV at a home off Diamond Walk at Marin. That's when the television fell on top of him, landing on his chest and stomach. The boy was airlifted to the hospital.

Firefighters say the TV was at least 42 inches. They say these accidents are becoming more common and parents, if you own a big TV, you need to plan ahead.

Karl Pflughaupt with the Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department advised, "Mount it close to the floor so it doesn't have so far to fall. Make it easy or readily available for children who are going to be plugging in their game systems."

Firefighters say it looks like the boy's injuries are not life-threatening.

- Headlines at a glance

Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.