The perfect updo at that Holiday party can cost a ton of money at the salon. It can also be extraordinarily frustrating to achieve at home. So, Cory Jagneaux at The Upper Hand came up with a super-simple style you can do in five easy steps. www.theupperhand.com
- 1. Create a low ponytail. It can be messy, voluminous, or sleek. It's your preference.
2. Create a "topsy tail" with your ponytail. How? Separate the secured portion of the hair into two and then take the ponytail and bring it up and into that separated portion of hair. Go under the hair and pull the ponytail through. You should have a twisted affect and the hair band should be hidden.
3. Take sections of the ponytail, bring up and pin over and into the twisted portion of hair.
4. Once the pins are in place use your fingers to pull at the shape to balance.
5. Finish with your favorite holding spray and continue to use hands for final shaping.