1 dead, woman and child hospitalized after mobile home catches fire in NE Harris Co., officials say

Authorities said an electrical failure in the home's exterior led to the deadly fire.

KTRK logo
Monday, January 22, 2024
Tap for ABC13 Houston 24/7 Live Stream
Watch Eyewitness News and ABC13 originals around the clock

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A woman is dead, and two others, including a child, were hospitalized following an accidental house fire in northeast Harris County on Monday.

The Harris County Fire Marshal's Office said the deadly incident happened at about 8:16 a.m. at a mobile home in the 4800 block of Collins Road.

Westfield Fire Department crews arrived and reportedly found heavy smoke before putting out the fire.

In an evening update, officials said the fire was ruled accidental and was caused by an electrical failure outside of the residence.

According to investigators, six people lived in the home, though only four were there at the time of the fire.

Officials said one of them was able to get out safely, and a woman and child were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. They are expected to be OK.

Another woman did not make it and was confirmed dead at the scene. Her identity is not being disclosed until the rest of her family is notified.