Toddler burned on 75 percent of her body in outdoor accident in Montgomery County


Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office authorities said a three-year-old girl was standing near an outdoor burn pile when flames burned about 75 percent of her body.

She was taken by family members to Tomball Regional Medical Center and then transported to the UTMB Burn Center in Galveston by Life Flight where she was in critical condition at last check.

Investigators said initial reports indicate that old gasoline was disposed of on the fire shortly before the accident, but the investigation is ongoing at this time. Officials added that you may think old or weathered gasoline is less likely to ignite, but it is actually the opposite. Weathered gasoline can be even more volatile, especially when poured near an open flame, official said.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.