With only 64 percent of people keeping their resolution through the first month, it's important to have a plan and stick to it. That's why personal trainer Hillary Hagner has come up with a detailed calendar of different exercises you can do every day to reach your goal. [PRINT CALENDAR]
Today, we're working on the upper body.
Perform each exercise for 1 minute then repeat for a total of 3-5 sets.
1. Knock Outs: Stand with your feet in a staggered stance, much like you would see Rocky doing. Hold your light dumbbells up by your face as if you were guarding your face from being hit. Slowly extend an arm straight out in front of you without locking out the elbow. Draw that hand back in and immediately throw your other punch. Keep repeating.
2. Inch Worm w/Push-Up: Stand with feet together. Bend over to touch your toes then walk your hands out in front of you on the floor until you have reached a perfect push-up position. Then, lift your hips up in the air and walk your hands back to your feet. Return to standing position.
3. Jump Rope: (30-60 seconds)
4. Bus Drivers: Stand with feet hip-width apart. Hold 1 dumbbell with both hands. With straight arms, lift the dumbbell in front of you. Holding it straight out, parallel to just under your chin, begin making a circular motion with your hands, alternating which hand is up, as if you're driving a bus.
5. Bent-Over Lat Fly: Feet hip width apart. Bend over at your waist, knees slightly bent, keep your arms straight and tighten them by your side. Next open your arms as if making a "v" shape with your arms. Face the floor the whole time. Then squeeze your arms back by your sides as if you were squeezing oranges between your arm and your ribs.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices