Boy seriously burned at school event

March 8, 2012 3:39:49 PM PST
A 10-year-old boy is being treated for burns after a large, super-hot coffee pot fell on him during a school event.

It happened Thursday morning at Oppe Elementary School at 2915 81st St. in Galveston. School officials say the 4th grader accidentally fell towards a cart holding the coffee and the large pot fell on him.

He was rushed to Shriner's Burn Hospital to be treated for second degree burns to his chest.

A letter was also sent home to parents.