The Oscar-winner and hearing-impaired actress Marlee Matlin is hoping to boost the image for America's 26 million hearing-impaired people.
The 42-year-old says she'll be depending on her partner to keep time to the music. And she claims she's more nervous about dancing in heels than dancing while deaf.
Among the other contestants are:
- Tennis champ Monica Seles
- Elvis's ex-wife Priscilla Presley
- Olympic figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi
- "American Pie" actress Shannon Elizabeth
- Broadway star Marissa Jaret Winokur
- Actor Steve Guttenberg
- Magician Penn Jillette
- Latino heart-throb actor Cristian de la Fuenta
- Radio funnyman Adam Carolla
- NFL player Jason Taylor
- R&B singer Mario
The 12 celebrities will take the dance floor on Monday, March 17th right here on ABC13.