HOUSTON --Next time you receive a package in the mail, instead of tossing the bubble wrap, repurpose it into jewelry. Lifestyle expert Kristen Hilyard shows us how to make a bubble wrap bracelet.
Bubble Wrap Bracelet
- Bubble Wrap
- Parchment Paper
- Pearls for jewelry (with holes punched)
- Circle Pattern (optional)
- An Iron
- Jewelry Supplies (bracelet chain, necklace chain, jump rings, clasps)
- Preheat iron on wool setting, no steam (dry).
- Cut bubble wrap into eight large equal pieces.
- Layer two pieces of bubble wrap on top of each other, inside two pieces of parchment paper (or folded piece).
- Iron both sides of the parchment paper until the bubble wrap melts together into a thin sheet.
- Put two more pieces of bubble wrap around the piece you just ironed, put back in between the parchment paper and iron on both sides again.
- Repeat with the rest of your bubble wrap (two more times).
- Cut circles out of the flattened bubble wrap sheet.
- Punch holes at the top of each piece with a thick needle.
- Attach pearls and bubble wrap charms to your bracelet or necklace in any pattern you choose!