Amanda Bynes pleads no contest to reckless driving

In this Tuesday, July 9, 2013 file photo, Amanda Bynes, accompanied by attorney Gerald Shargel, arrives for a court appearance in New York on allegations that she chucked a marijuana bong out the window of her 36th-floor Manhattan apartment. A Manhattan judge on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014 ruled that the bong-toss case against Bynes will be dismissed if she stays out of trouble for six months and goes to counseling. The "Hairspray" actress didn't appear in court. (AP Photo/Bethan McKernan, File)

February 23, 2014 10:00:00 PM PST
Amanda Bynes has pleaded no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving after she clipped a Los Angeles County sheriff's patrol car.

District attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison says Bynes entered the plea Monday through her lawyer. The actress was sentenced to three years of probation and three months of attending alcohol education classes.

Bynes was arrested in April of 2012 on suspicion of drunken driving after the cruiser was hit in West Hollywood.

The 27-year-old actress already is on probation for driving with a suspended license. She received psychiatric treatment last year after authorities said she started a fire in the driveway of a Ventura County home.

Bynes also was ordered to get counseling after she allegedly threw a bong out of a Manhattan window last year.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments