Baytown man missing in Philippines after monster typhoon found safe

The images coming out of there are heartbreaking. Devastation is everywhere following the powerful typhoon that came ashore there Friday
November 14, 2013 12:17:20 PM PST
We have a great update to a story we've been following since a monster typhoon hit the Philippines last week. A local man who was there when the storm hit is safe.

Harry and Deloris Davis told us that they heard from their son, Phillip Burgay, Wednesday night. Burgay, who lives in Baytown, had last spoken with his family last Wednesday. He was visiting his girlfriend near Palo, Philippines when the storm hit.

Burgay has a house near Palo and was visiting his girlfriend, Ritzchelle, to make arrangements for her and her 10-year-old daughter to return to his Baytown home.

Harry Davis sent us the following message.

"This is to keep you informed about our son Phillip Lee Burgay. At 6:49 pm today 11/13/13 we received a telephone call from him from the Philippines. It was all too brief a conversation because he was hurrying to depart the island of Leyte and going to a neighboring island of Cebu. He said that he would phone or send email when they arrived. Hopefully that will be in what will seem like minutes compared to the hours of agony that Deloris and I have had waiting for him to call."

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices

Load Comments