Candle may be to blame for house fire

Firefighters say the father woke up to the smell of smoke, discovered the front of the house on fire and evacuated his family.

March 15, 2012 3:43:28 AM PDT
A burning candle appears to have started a fire that destroyed a home in northeast Houston.

Firefighters say the home on Bennington near Glass didn't have electricity. The residents used candles, and one of them apparently started the fire that engulfed the home and spread to an RV. The male resident woke up to the smell of smoke around 1am.

He made it out with his wife and infant before firefighters arrived. He suffered a cut during the process and went to the hospital.

Load Comments