Favre won't address allegations after loss to Jets

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre reacts during the third quarter of an NFL football game between the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Jets Monday, Oct. 11, 2010, in East Rutherford, N.J. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)
October 12, 2010 7:05:13 AM PDT
Brett Favre stepped up to the podium after a discouraging loss to the New York Jets and spent about 20 minutes evading questions the same way he tried to avoid tacklers. The Minnesota Vikings quarterback was asked several times after Monday night's 29-20 loss to the New York Jets to discuss the NFL's investigation into allegations that he sent racy messages and lewd photos to a Jets game hostess in 2008.

Each time, the three-time MVP did not address the topic. He said he was disappointed his team lost the game and his only focus had been on trying to beat the Jets.

Asked if the allegations against him are true or false, a tight-lipped Favre said: "If you want to talk about what happened in the football game tonight, I'd love to."


Load Comments