Disabled woman dies in house fire

August 6, 2008 9:35:03 AM PDT
Fire crews spent hours combing through what's left of a house that partially exploded and killed a woman in southeast Houston.Firefighters believe an exploding gas meter in the rear of the home on Ahrens near Vinett ignited the fire yesterday evening. An 80-year-old disabled woman was trapped inside, while oxygen tanks inside exploded around her.

Firefighter say the fire simply got too hot, too fast before neighbors could pull the woman to safety.

Fire crews found dead in the charred ruins. The victim's name is not being released yet.

      Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
           Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments