Person burned when 4 structures catch fire in Montgomery Co.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A person suffered a minor burn injury Monday when a large fire erupted at a south Montgomery County residential compound.

Officials with the South Montgomery County Fire Department said four structures, including a home, in the 2100 block of Old Ox Road were burned during the incident.

According to the fire department, the fire appeared to have sparked by fumes from an unknown solvent that got close to an area where metal was being grinded.

The fire department couldn't say what exactly was happening at the time, but officials described the site of the incident as a "home-based business."

Officials did not immediately identify the owner of the site.

An investigation is ongoing.
Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.