Vence is charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse. He is also charged with injury to a child causing serious bodily injury.
As part of Vence's bond conditions, the state requested that he remained within Harris County and the surrounding areas. He must have no contact with Brittany Bowens, the mother of Maleah Davis, or any member of the Davis family, as well as any children under the age of 17. He must submit to random drug testing and wear a GPS monitor. And he must not own a gun.
Vence reported Davis missing in May of 2019. Her body was found the same month in rural Arkansas.
Vence's bond is currently set at $90,000. He's requesting his bond be reduced to $45,000.
- Church prays for suspect to confess what happened to Maleah
- Donors kick in $10K more to help find Maleah Davis
- Protesters gather again as family seeks new home for Maleah Davis' siblings
- Mom of missing Maleah Davis makes bombshell allegations against her ex-fiance
- Maleah Davis' mother: 'I want to hope that she is (still alive)'
- Protesters accuse missing girl's mom of not doing enough to protect her
- MALEAH DAVIS: Suspect's dad points finger at missing girl's mom
- Maleah Davis case leaves community with broken hearts
- Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance
- Missing 4-year-old girl removed last year by CPS: Officials
- Suspect's mother won't ask son for Maleah Davis' whereabouts