HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A recent security breach may put at risk customers who used their debit or credit cards at Houston area Popeye's restaurants.
According to CCC Restaurant Enterprise, LLC, an investigation found there was evidence on its computer systems that indicated a compromise of customer information at the following locations:
- 16425 Imperial Valley Drive, Houston, Texas
- 2406 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas
- 1710 Highway 90, Liberty, Texas
- 404 W. Parkwood, Friendswood, Texas
- 9802 FM1764, Texas City, Texas
- 6804 Garth Road, Baytown, Texas
- 1153 W. Main Street, League City, Texas
- 3308 Bragg Blvd., Fayetteville, North Carolina
- 1507 N. Main Street, Tarboro, North Carolina
- 214 Central Drive, East Dublin, Georgia
Investigators determined that malware was present in the computer systems at seven Houston area locations between May 5, 2016 and August 18, 2016 which collected data relating to credit and debit cards that were used in that timeframe.
Customers who believe may be affected are encouraged to "take additional action to further protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss," according to CCC Restaurant.
If customers would like to place a fraud alert, or if there are further questions, contact one of the agencies listed below:
P.O. Box 105069
Atlanta, GA 30348
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022