"I ain't no killer, bro," Vence said. "Chauncy, I loved Maleah so much. I did for her more than her own parents. I never had a biological daughter. I would never do anything to hurt her. That's not me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not that type of dude and I was good with the kids."
RELATED: Revelation sends police to Arkansas in search for Maleah Davis' body
Vence is charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse.
He went on to say that he spent his 27th birthday in jail.
"I should be home with my family. With Maleah, the kids and Brittany, cooking dinner and watching Netflix," Vence said.
WATCH: ABC13's Chauncy Glover provides insight into his jailhouse conversation
When Chauncy asked him about Maleah's death he said she didn't suffer.
"Nothing bad happened to Maleah," Vence said.
Maleah was found Friday, May 31 in Hope, Arkansas.
Houston community activist Quanell X provided the revelation, saying that Vence told him the girl is dead and that her body was dumped off a road in Arkansas.
According to Quanell, Vence admitted to him putting Maleah's body in a trash bag, putting the bag in the trunk and then driving to Hope, where he dumped the bag in a wooded area.
ABC13.COM EXTRA: Chauncy Glover on his jailhouse conversation with Derion Vence
- Church prays for suspect to confess what happened to Maleah
- Donors kick in $10K more to help find Maleah Davis
- Protesters gather again as family seeks new home for Maleah Davis' siblings
- Mom of missing Maleah Davis makes bombshell allegations against her ex-fiance
- Maleah Davis' mother: 'I want to hope that she is (still alive)'
- Protesters accuse missing girl's mom of not doing enough to protect her
- MALEAH DAVIS: Suspect's dad points finger at missing girl's mom
- Maleah Davis case leaves community with broken hearts
- Car belonging to Maleah Davis' family appears 'normal', yields no clues to her disappearance
- Missing 4-year-old girl removed last year by CPS: Officials
- Suspect's mother won't ask son for Maleah Davis' whereabouts