Frequent park visitors will no doubt recognize the historic clubhouse located at 6201 Hermann Park Drive, just southeast of the Houston Zoo. Built in 1933 by Alfred E. Nutter, the Spanish-style structure has housed administrative offices for the Hermann Park Conservancy since 1999.
A planned $5.8 million renovation project will restore the building's historic elements, modernize its infrastructure, create a rental facility for public use and reconfigure areas of the property to improve traffic flow.
Revenue from the rental facility -- which was designed with weddings, corporate retreats and community meetings in mind -- will be funneled back into the park's maintenance and operational funds.
Upon opening, the clubhouse will be renamed Lott Hall at Hermann Park in honor of conservancy board member Tommy W. Lott, who made a lead gift to the project.
To date, the Conservancy has raise nearly $4.2 million of its $5.8 million goal. Click here to make a donation to the renovation fund.