This week, we're bringing you treasured recipes of your favorite ABC13 anchors with our "Cookie Countdown."
RELATED: Travis Herzog's Russian Cookie recipe
Today, consumer reporter Patricia Lopez brings you this incredible recipe for old-fashioned oatmeal cookies, taken from the classic 1971 Betty Crocker Cookbook!
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make these scrumptious little cookies:
Note: If you are using self rising flour, omit soda, salt and baking powder.
- Simmer raisins and water over medium heat until raisins are plump, about 15 minutes.
- Drain raisins, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to reserve liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in reserved liquid. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
This recipe will make about 6 1/2 dozen cookies.
COOKIE COUNTDOWN: More Related Recipes
Katherine Whaley's gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Samica Knight's German Chocolate caramel bar cookies
6 awesome cookies recipes to show off at your holiday party