Friday, April 9
Enjoy a free screening of "The Bodyguard" starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. The movie starts at 8 p.m. at Market Square Park.
Lawn chairs and blankets are recommended.
Saturday, April 10
Over at Central Green Park, work on your language skills by taking a free conversational Spanish class for adults.
The beginner level class starts at 10 a.m. and happens the first Saturday of each month.
Mark Sundays for the Heights Morning Market for a day full of art that focuses on local artists and vendors along with music and fun. The event is free and takes place two Sundays a month, with the next one coming up on April 18.
The market is located at Hustletown Distribution on 2122 Center St.
Wednesday, April 14
If you really want to challenge yourself, mark your calendars and head over to Discovery Green HIIT class with FitMix. HIIT is a fun and challenging bodyweight interval training class to burn calories while building strength and endurance. Class begins at 6:30 p.m.
And don't forget about free museum Thursdays. Museums all over Houston offer free days for families at various times during the day. Be sure to check online for all of the information you need regarding exact times, education and FUN!
The following is for general admission only.
- Asia Society Texas Center - Grand Hall (downstairs) FREE access during museum hours
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum - FREE Thursday 1-5 pm
- Children's Museum of Houston - FREE Thursday 5-8 pm
- Czech Center Museum Houston - FREE last Monday of the month noon-4 pm
- The Health Museum - FREE Thursday 2-7 pm
- Holocaust Museum Houston - FREE Thursday 2-5 pm; International Holocaust Remembrance Day (Jan. 27), Yom HaShoah, Memorial Day, D-Day (June 6), and International Human Rights Day (Dec. 10)
- Houston Museum of African American Culture - FREE Thursday 6-8 pm
- Houston Museum of Natural Science - FREE Thursdays: 6-9 pm Roam the Serengeti, walk with dinosaurs and discover the world's mineral wonders (with the exception of June 21st - no free hours that day)
- The Houston Zoo offers free admission to guests on the first Tuesday of each month, September through May, from noon until closing. June, July, and August do not have free afternoons.
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston - FREE Thursday 10 am-9 pm
As some events remain open, keep your safety in mind. Always wear a mask and maintain social distancing to protect yourself and your family.