- IAH -- outgoing: 318 cancelled (51%) 37 delayed (6%)
- HOBBY -- outgoing: 71 cancelled (37%) 7 delayed (3%)
- IAH -- incoming: 313 cancelled (50%) 37 delayed (5%)
- HOBBY -- incoming: 61 cancelled (32%) 14 delayed (7%)
- Delta Airlines cancelled all flights at both Bush Intercontinental and Hobby Airports for Tuesday.
- Check with your airline and Fly2Houston.com
- METRO will operate as follows:
- METRO HOV/HOT lanes (US 290, 45 North, 45 South, 59 North and 59 South) will be closed all day Tuesday
- No Park and Ride service all day Tuesday
- STAR vanpools: METRO is strongly recommending that all STAR drivers and passengers please consider avoiding travel entirely during these potentially hazardous driving conditions
- Local bus service will run with delays and potential for detours
- METRORail will operate with some delays (trains will run about every 12 minutes)
- METROLift will offer only medically-necessary trips all day Tuesday
- The City of Houston will close all non-public safety services on Tuesday. Only those services (such as public safety) that are deemed "essential" will be operational. This will include the closure of libraries, service centers, courts and park facilities. Trash collection will also be delayed for a day as a result of the closure. Residents scheduled for collection on Tuesday should prepare to have it collected Wednesday. In order to assure the safety of employees, non-essential City employees are being asked not to report to work Tuesday. All essential employees will need to report at their regularly scheduled time and location. If an employee has questions on their status, or is unable to report as directed, they are asked to contact their supervisor.
- City of Houston Municipal Courts will be closed Tuesday and will resume business effective Wednesday. Individuals who had court settings on Tuesday will be given the opportunity to reset their case(s). There will be no jury service on Tuesday, January 28, 2014. Individuals who are scheduled for jury service on this day will be rescheduled and will be notified by mail of their new date.
- Galveston City Hall will be closed Tuesday, January 28, 2014 and city services will be suspended. Island Transit will suspend both island and mainland services. Wright Cuney Recreation Center will be closed tomorrow; the McGuire Dent Recreation Center will remain open from 8 AM – 8 PM. The Galveston Causeway has been treated with magnesium chloride and is not anticipated to close at any time.
- Fort Bend County offices will be closed Tuesday.
- The Houston Zoo will be closed to the public Tuesday January 28, 2014. Select Animal care personnel including zookeepers and the staff of the Houston Zoo's Denton A. Cooley Animal Hospital, and Zoo Facilities personnel will be on site.
- Missouri City will close all non-emergency offices on Tuesday, Jan. 28. This includes City Hall, 1522 Texas Pkwy, Inspections & Permits, 1522 Texas Pkwy, Municipal Court, 3845 Cartwright Rd, Recreation and Tennis Center, 2701 Cypress Point Dr., Quail Valley Golf Course and the Grille, 2880 La Quinta Dr.
- Harris County courthouses will be closed to the public Tuesday due to the predicted icy conditions. Trials will be suspended for the day. Jury service -- the process of selecting new jurors -- run by the Harris County District Clerk's Office also will be cancelled. The courthouses will be open for at least some employees. The cancellation means that prospective jurors summoned to appear Tuesday, Jan. 28 do not have to appear and do not have to reschedule their jury service.
- Due to the National Weather Service issuance of a Winter Storm Warning, and anticipated below freezing temperature for the entire day, all Galveston County Facilities will be closed Tuesday, January 28th. Check the County website for updates on conditions and possible half day closure for Wednesday, January 29th.
- Chambers County will close all offices on Tuesday, January 28th and will plan to reopen on Wednesday, January 29th at 1pm. Commissioner's Court will be rescheduled for Thursday at 9:30.
- Waller County offices closed January 28, 2014 due to weather
- Jury duty for Fort Bend County has been cancelled for Tuesday, January 28
- Liberty County buildings will be closed Tuesday, January 28
- San Jacinto County courthouse and county offices will be closed Tuesday, January 28 due to weather conditions.
- Walker County Offices and all court proceedings are closed/postponed on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 due to winter weather event.
- Polk County offices will be closed on Tuesday, January 28, 2014, and opening on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 will be delayed until 10am.
- For the safety of Rice students and employees, the university will delay opening until 9 a.m. Tuesday. Classes and business will start at 9 a.m., except for essential employees. The Crisis Management Team will be monitoring the weather conditions and assessing the potential impact to our campus and the Houston area overnight.
- Texas Southern University will be closed Tuesday, January 28th, 2014.
- All Sam Houston State University locations will be closed Tuesday (Jan. 28) due to weather.
- College of the Mainland will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 28. All classes are canceled. Check www.com.edu for updates regarding closure Wednesday, Jan. 29.
- The University of St. Thomas will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 28. There will be no Tuesday classes or Masses. The decision to close the University of St. Thomas is considered for only a single day at a time. Information will be available at www.stthom.edu or see local media for updates.
- Alvin Community College will be closed Tuesday due to inclement weather. College administration will be monitoring Wednesday's weather but no decisions have been made at this time. For more information please visit www.alvincollege.edu.
- Due to inclement weather, Lee College in Baytown will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 28. Morning and evening classes will be closed. Students and the community are urged to check the college web site at www.lee.edu for future updates.
- Some YMCA centers in the Greater Houston area will delay opening today (Tuesday, January 28) until later this afternoon. The centers that remain closed are: Aldine-Greenspoint Family YMCA, Alief Family YMCA, Conroe Family YMCA, D. Bradley McWilliams YMCA at Cypress Cree, Fort Bend Family YMCA, Katy Family YMCA , North Harris County Family YMCA, T.W. Davis Family YMCA, Weekley Family YMCA. All other YMCA centers in the Greater Houston area are now open. All child care as well as before and after school programs are cancelled in all ISDs which have cancelled school.
- Neighborhood Centers Inc. facilities, including: the Neighborhood Centers, Tax Centers, Promise Community Schools, Early Head Start, Head Start, and Sharp ECDC locations will be closed January 28, 2014.
- Workforce Solutions Career Offices, operated by Neighborhood Centers Inc. will be closed all day on Tuesday January 28, 2014 due to inclement weather as well.
- Due to the weather conditions and travel concerns all ten of the area Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston will be closed Tuesday, January 28, 2014. The clubs will re-open at 2:30 pm, Wednesday, January 29, 2014.
- NASA's Johnson Space Center will be closed Tuesday. Flight control of the International Space Station will continue from Houston and the Space Station Mission Control Center at JSC will remain open during this period. Center employees should check with JSC Emergency Management website, www.jscsos.com, for up-to-date information on the status of the center. Those without internet access can call 281-483-3351.
- Delayed report time of 10am on January 28, 2014 for military members at Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base.
- The following Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) offices will have a delayed start to Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 due to the winter weather. The office openings will be delayed until 10 AM. The closure will affect the Houston (Ft Bend, Brazoria, Harris, Montgomery, Liberty, Galveston counties), Bryan College Station, Beaumont - Port Arthur, Livingston, Jasper, Woodville, Tennessee Colony, and Huntsville areas. TDCJ non-essential staff located on units or in offices in these cities will be granted administrative leave as indicated for the day, today, January 28, 2014.
- Due to inclement weather forecast for the Houston area on Tuesday, January 28, the Port of Houston Authority administrative office will be closed.
Source: Flight Aware
To see a full list of the school closings and delays, click the link below:
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices