Homeowner saves family from burning home

SOUTH HOUSTON, TX

The fire erupted around 3:56pm in the 1000 block of Kentucky Avenue.

Detectives say the homeowner was plugging in a lamp that shorted out and caught a bed on fire. The man managed to get the rest of his family members out of the house but he suffered minor burns to his face and hands.

No other injuries were reported.

Detectives say the fire damaged a bedroom and living room in the home.

Copyright © 2019 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.