1. Firefighters hope to have tri-county fire contained
The wildfire in the three-county area of Montgomery, Waller and Grimes counties is still burning, but the situation appears to be improving.
2. Crews contain massive fire at George Bush Park
A large wildfire ignited in George Bush Park in west Houston Tuesday afternoon and ash from it fell into neighborhoods miles away. Fortunately, the flames did not threaten any homes.
3. Wildfire in Ft. Bend Co. contained; believed to be arson
A wildfire that broke out Wednesday in Ft. Bend County has been contained and now authorities say the cause appears to be arson.
4. Smoke from area wildfires covered Houston and surrounding cities
Houston area residents awoke this morning to find a thick blanket of smoke and haze had settled in over the city and surrounding areas.
5. Man finds crude 9/11 joke on his to-go meal box
"Happy September 11th" -- three words written on a takeout box from a Houston restaurant, and they are causing a lot of emotional reactions. Since then we've spoken with the man who found that written on his food container.
6. Newborn killed by dog in Cypress
Charges could soon be filed against a dog owner whose pet mauled an infant to death in northwest Harris County over the weekend.
7. Mom accused of stabbing her daughter, 13
A Montgomery County mother is accused of attacking her 13-year-old daughter while she slept in her bed.
8. Fires continue to burn across the state
The drought and gusty winds are adding up to a dangerous and deadly situation as wildfires rage across Texas.
9. Police: Man stabs 2 children, shoots self in Spring
A Harris County family is in shock and mourning after two young boys were stabbed to death by their adult cousin. It happened Sunday evening after the cousin and the boys' dad returned from a fun outing at the shooting range.
10. Hand surgeon on trial for allegedly assaulting his wife
The trial of a prominent local hand doctor is about to get underway. A man known for his commercials for the Brown Hand Center is accused of assaulting his wife.