Toddler accidentally served margarita at Applebee's

MADISON HEIGHTS, MI The boy's mother says her son was acting strangely after drinking what she thought was just plain apple juice. It turns out her toddler was served a margarita.

"He was saying, hi and bye to the walls, and he eventually laid his head down on the table, and we thought he was just sleeping," said the boy's mother Taylor Dill-Reese.

Her child wasn't sleeping, he was drunk. He was checked out by doctors, and his blood-alcohol level was .10.

Applebee's issued a statement saying the incident was 'unacceptable' and plans to work with authorities while conducting its own investigation.

Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.