Calif. girls hospitalized after eating pot cookie

January 26, 2011 11:11:26 AM PST
Police in California say two children were hospitalized after eating a marijuana cookie they found on a kitchen counter, and their mother was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment. Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan says the girls, ages 10 and 11, found the chocolate chip cookie in a baggie when they came home from school on Monday.

Doonan tells the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that the girls felt ill, complaining of numbness and pale, clammy skin, and were taken to a hospital, where tests showed traces of marijuana .

Their mother, 33-year-old Veronica Sylvester, remained in jail Wednesday on $100,000 bail.

Doonan says she told detectives she got the cookie from a friend for medical purposes. But Doonan says Sylvester had no prescription for the drug.

Load Comments