Elderly woman dies in house fire

The Harris County fire marshal's office believes an overloaded extension cord led to a deadly house fire last night in northwest Harris County.

February 4, 2010 10:30:30 AM PST
An elderly woman died overnight after her house caught fire. It happened at a home on Island Breeze near Tanner. Firefighters found flames shooting from the back of the one story brick house around midnight. They quickly got the fire under control, but then found an elderly woman in a bedroom dead.

Firefighters say the flames started in a bedroom where several electrical appliances were plugged into a lightweight extension cord. Neighbors say the woman lived at the house alone.


Load Comments