News conference delayed on alleged McDonald's assault

July 23, 2009 12:32:17 PM PDT
The Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office planned to hold an unusual news conference to clear up what it calls false information about an assault at a McDonald's. Last week, Raymond Smith told deputies he was attacked by two female employees at the restaurant on Crabb River Road in Richmond. Smith says investigators didn't believe him until the employees confessed.

The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department scheduled the news conference for 2pm today to release information including surveillance video from the McDonalds. But shortly after the scheduled start time, Chief Deputy Craig Brady announced a change in plans.

"I just got off the phone with the victim's mother," Brady said. "She's requested that we not released the video of the in-store incident for some personal reasons. I have agreed that we would not release that video or any of the other information until such time that we have time to sit down and talk with her and her son."

Brady promised to make an announcement later this evening about what may or may not be released.

      QUICK HEADLINES | MORE LOCAL | GET NEWS ALERTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABC13 SOCIAL NETWORKING
Find us on Facebook® | Follow us on Twitter | More social networking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE FROM ABC13
ABC13 widget | Most popular stories | Street-level weather
ABC13 wireless | Slideshow archive | Help solve crimes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments