Battling apartment fire became tricky

March 4, 2008 3:42:31 AM PST
Investigators say a candle is to blame for an apartment fire in southwest Houston.The fire broke out at the Suncrest apartments on Village Bend last night. Firefighters say a candle started a fire inside one of the bedrooms. Crews were able to keep the flames from spreading, but moved cautiously as a box of bullets caught fire and began exploding.

No one was hurt. Two apartment units suffered fire and smoke damage.

- Headlines at a glance


Load Comments