Going out of town? Deputies and police offering programs to watch your home

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Are you making out-of-town plans?

If you live in unincorporated areas of Harris County, the Harris County Sheriff's Office is providing a service to keep watch over your home while you are away.

To sign up for the "Vacation Watch Program," you have to fill out a form online.

Submit the appropriate form and you're on your way to having a Harris County deputy keep an eye on your home.

If you live in Fort Bend County, you can also sign up for vacation/house watch on the Fort Bend County website.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office will also send patrols to check on home for vacationing residents. The form to request is available online.

Similar programs are available from area police departments:

Houston Police Department
Bellaire Police Department
West University Place
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.