HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If this is the year you vow to wrap presents and bypass the gift bag, we are here to help.
When it's all said and done, you can save more money wrapping your own gifts than using a bag.
ABC13 went to the experts at The Container Store to get their top tips:
1. Spend a little extra on wrapping paper that has some weight to it. That way you don't show up with torn paper.
2. Use double stick tape like the 3M Double Sided Tape Applicator. This will hide all the signs that tape was ever used. Bring the paper to the edge of the bottom of the package, rather than along the center.
3. To make indestructible bows that are easy to travel with or ship, try "Stretchy Ribbon." It's 5 yards for $6.99. The stretch in the material allows the bow to bounce back into place.
RELATED: How to save on holiday gift wrap, but not skimp on style
4. For the bow making challenged, try the "pull ribbon." It's 10 yards for $5.99. Simply pull the ribbon and voil, it instantly makes a bow in any size you'd like.
5. If you want to create custom wrapping paper, use chalkboard paper. With chalkboard pens and stickers, the sky is the limit!
Check out this: How to Wrap Gifts Like the Pros; Video Tutorial
Gift wrapping hacks and tools this holiday season
More TOP STORIES News