HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A judge has granted a restraining order against companies connected with last week's scaffolding collapse. An attorney for the most seriously injured victim filed the temporary restraining order, or TRO, this afternoon and it was granted.
The attorney for Victor Rubalcava says he filed the TRO as part of an effort to preserve any records that could be crucial in potential lawsuits. The petition requests Finger Companies and Triple J Masonry to retain all documents related to the collapse. In addition, the order asks the construction site be preserved as is, so no further construction work can be done at the site until the hearing on November 2.
"We just want to preserve the evidence as it is, just so we can go forward from there," says Manuel Gonzales, one of the attorneys representing Rubalcava. "We don't know what happened yet but will just wait and see."
On Friday, the scaffolding collapsed outside the apartment complex being built by the Finger companies, right across from Minute Maid Park. Six people were injured.
No lawsuits have yet been filed, but they are anticipated.