Video of kitchen grease fire serves as warning

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The Harris County Fire Marshall released video of a fire at a local restaurant to remind people why you don't put water on a grease fire.

Investigators were asked to assist Cypress Creek Fire Department with a fire at Pho X Trang on Monday in the 21500 block of SH 249.

There were a couple of lessons learned from this incident.

  • Never throw ice or water on a grease fire
  • Fire sprinklers save lives. The fire sprinkler system activated one sprinkler head, controlling the fire until the fire department arrived on the scene.


The fire was ruled an accident and there were no injuries reported.
Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.