Tony Mandola's Creamed Spinach
- 2.5 pounds of fresh spinach or 3 pounds of frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 2 ounces of bacon bits (we make bacon and crumble it up)
- 14 oz. can of marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 ounces diced yellow onions
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- Melt butter in a pan and over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic powder. Cook, stirring until soft and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring until liquid is released.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper and crushed red peppers. Mix well and cook until the cream is reduced by half (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the bacon bits and artichokes. Stir until thoroughly heated and serve while hot.
Tap here for even more Thanksgiving recipes!