But take note, some of our favorite stores and restaurants are offering free and cheap spoils to make the day a little less painful.
RELATED: Your income taxes are due
From massages to fast food freebies, here's what retailers and restaurants will offer on Tax Day:
- Get free Cinnabon bites at selected Cinnabon stores
- McDonald's has a variety of freebies from coffee to Quarter Pounders for a discount, depending on the location
- At Firehouse Subs, you can get a free medium sub when you buy a medium or large sub, chips and a drink
- Hooters is offering free food for kids 12 and under with the purchase of a regular meal.Offers vary by location, so try to call ahead.
- Schlotzky's is helping ease the stress of Tax Day by treating guests to a free The Original sandwich with a purchase of a medium drink and a bag of chips.
- Great American Cookies will continue its Tax Day tradition by offering a free birthday cake cookie to customers who stop by participating stores in the Houston area
- Indulge in a free HydroMassage at any Planet Fitness location from April 15 to 22. A coupon will be available on Planet Fitness' website once the promotion is live.
- JetBlue is giving customers the chance to win a one-way flight with the first-ever JetBlue tax return flight. Visit JetBlueTaxReturnFlight.com for more information.
- Free bulk bin shredding of up to five pounds is available to help people dispose of private financial information. Visit officedepot.com/shredding to print a coupon. It's valid through April 29.
- The $10.40 Tax Day Special includes a half-chicken individual meal at Boston Market with two sides, cornbread, a regular fountain drink and a cookie. No coupon is needed to get this deal at participating locations.
- Sonic Drive-In is offering 1/2 price cheeseburgers on Tax Day.
- Through April 22, shred up to two pounds of documents for free at Staples with this printable coupon.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff