Just before 2pm, officials were called to a commercial building in the 3300 block of Rogerdale Road at Westpark after a piece of machinery was leaking ammonia at Nature Best Pre-cut & Produce.
According to the Houston Fire Department, the leak involved four cylinders of anhydrous ammonia, which have been secured and the building is being ventilated.
The 100 employees or so were evacuated from the entire complex.
Those cylinders, which are used to cool fresh fruit and vegetables at Nature Best, was leaking anhydrous ammonia. It was not a substantial leak, but was enough to bring out HFD's HazMat team, decontamination units and multiple medical units.
"We set up our protocol -- we evacuated the building, we took a close look at 20 people. We did not send anyone to the hospital. We have about 55 people on scene. We have 29 pieces of equipment. We were prepared for the worst," said Jay Evans with the Houston Fire Department.
HFD brought in huge fans to ventilate the building. Many employees could be seen milling about in the parking lot afterwards.
Workers have since gotten the all clear and have returned to the building.
No one was transported to the hospital.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices