Space heater blamed for fire that killed 90-year-old Beaumont man

November 30, 2012 7:00:31 AM PST
Police say a 90-year-old southeast Texas man has died in a house fire blamed on a space heater in his home.

Beaumont police on Friday identified the victim as Junius Hill.

Police say firefighters late Thursday night responded to emergency calls about a burning house. Neighbors reported Hill was still believed to be in the home.

Investigators say the victim was located in the bedroom where the fire apparently started. An autopsy has been ordered.

The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the 50s at the time of the fire.


Load Comments