6 hospitalized from car fumes at Austin apartments

June 25, 2012 6:02:25 AM PDT
Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.

Austin Fire Department and police officials on Monday did not immediately provide names or further medical details.

Emergency officials say the injured include a man and a woman who were discovered unconscious in the vehicle Sunday morning.

Fire department Battalion Chief Thayer Smith says carbon monoxide alarms went off in nearby units and 10 people had inhaled fumes. Four were transported to a hospital, while six others declined treatment.


Load Comments