Firefighters rescue woman, dog from burning home

A woman and her dog had to be rescued by firefighters from a townhome after a fire broke out in a lower level unit.

February 17, 2012 7:06:55 AM PST
A woman was rescued from her southwest Houston townhome when a fire broke out overnight.

The flames started in a three-story complex on Murworth Drive and Buffalo Speedway. Officials say this fire started with a candle on the second floor and spread to the unit directly above, where the woman and her dog had to be rescued from their window.

"I was upstairs studying and couldn't get down," said the fire victim. "There was a lot of smoke."

The woman was visibly shaken and did not want to give her name. She says she wouldn't have been able to get out if it weren't for the firefighters' help.

Firefighters were able to stop the blaze before it spread to any other units in the building.

Load Comments