Popular steakhouse catches fire with customers inside

A popular steakhouse started to burn overnight while customers were still inside.

February 15, 2012 11:18:20 AM PST
A popular steakhouse in the Galleria area caught fire overnight.

There were some customers inside when Sullivan's Steakhouse on Westheimer caught fire. Fortunately, everyone was able to get out and no one was hurt.

The fire started at the popular Galleria area steakhouse and bar just before midnight. Sullivan's closes at midnight, but there were a few lingering customers still inside.

Employees called 911 when a grease fire broke out in the kitchen. When the firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters say employees tried to contain the fire. Flames made their way up a wall and into the roof of the steakhouse, but the fire department was able to contain the fire in just the area of the kitchen where it started.

The restaurant management says there was no structural damage to the building and repairs are already in process. It is estimated that the restaurant will be closed for 24 to 48 hours.

Load Comments