House fire blamed on electrical short

July 24, 2011 5:27:32 AM PDT
An electrical short is to blame for a house fire in northwest Harris County early Sunday, officials said. Firefighters were called out to a home on Turrett Point and Cascade Hill around 1:30am Sunday.

Smoke was pouring out of the back of the home when they arrived. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to one back bedroom.

Investigators said the fire started from a shorted-out appliance that was plugged in that bedroom.

The homeowner made it out safely.

Load Comments