Quilt Round-Up - "Texas Style"
WHEN: April 15th - 16th, 2011
WHERE: Humble Civic Center
8233 Will Clayton Parkway
TIME: Friday 10:00 - 5:00
Saturday 10:00 - 4:00
TICKETS: $8.00, Seniors $6.00
12 and under free
The Kingwood Area Quilt Guild is presenting their 14th Biennial Show on April 15-16 at the Humble Civic Center.
This show is a "mini-me" of the International Quilt Festival held every year at the George R Brown. While some may be overwhelmed by that huge show that is attended by 50,000-60,000 people, this smaller version is very "do-able". It has everything that the larger event does with a more intimate, "down home" feel.
Some of the show events this year are:
- A Judged show of over 300 quilts- judged by nationally recognized Bobbie Aug
- Lectures by Nancy Zieman - TV personality of "Sewing with Nancy" In partnership with Humble Sewing Center's "Love of Sewing" Retreat.
- A Live Auction Friday Night with popular local Auctioneer Rodney Foster
- A Vendors "Main Street" Shopping Mall with many exciting products
- Daily silent auctions of miniature quilts with Live bid-offs!
- "Members Mercantile" of quality hand made items
- "Prairie Garden" Gift Basket Door Prize Drawings
- "Chuck Wagon" Cafe
- Professional Appraisals by Bobbie Aug
- A Raffle Quilt "Stars of Wonder"
- Special Exhibits/Classes/Demonstrations
- The "Trading Post", a virtual garage sale of sewing related items with amazing deals!